Sunday 30 March 2014

What is next for us in the first half of 2014?

We haven’t traveled yet in 2014 but I hope this will change soon. My mind is always making plans for new destinations to visit and with the spring and summer coming I hope my plans can come to realization. Here is what is next for us:

In April we are going to go on a one day trip to Skagit Valley in Washington State. Skagit Valley is famous in the Pacific Northwest for its blooming fields of tulips located throughout the valley. It is the perfect trip for the season and I am excited to “swim” in the tulip fields.
 
 
In May, for Victoria Day long weekend, we are going to do a mini road trip to Oregon. I was never too keen on visiting Oregon and specifically the city of Portland, but some recent articles I read and our friend’s stories have convinced me that maybe Oregon in worth visiting. It is close to Vancouver and it will be a cost effective trip as we won’t be buying plane tickets and renting a car, and we also won’t be using our vacation days. We will be exploring mainly the nature and the beaches.




And there comes June! I wanted to take the first two weeks as a vacation but my husband surprised me unpleasantly telling me that his accounting exams fall on the second week of June. So I took week one and three. The first week I will be flying to Europe and visiting my home country for a week. Yes, only for a week. I know it is a very short time and by the time I get used to the time difference of 10 hours, I would have to leave, but I wanted to visit another exciting destination and I didn’t want to take three weeks of vacation. I will be flying with my daughter and I have a lot of anxiety about the long flight and the two connections. I have travelled several times with her, but we were never by ourselves, and that is what is worrying me. She can be very self-willed and stubborn sometimes.
My hometown.
 
After I come back from Bulgaria, we are going to Mexico in the third week of June! I am very excited about that and I am looking forward to it! This can’t be said for my husband – he didn’t want to go there at all and he thinks it is dangerous. I finally convinced him that we should go and enjoy the hot weather, the beaches and the Mayan Ruins. We will be staying in a luxurious hotel in Zona Hotelera in Cancun and I hope the weather will be decent. I did my research and I know that June is the start of the rainy season, but I am hopeful it won’t be raining every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment